Educational workshops take place before the official start of the CRS Annual Meeting & Exposition.
Scientific workshops typically start with a theoretical introduction to the scientific area by several speakers. These workshops are designed to explore various aspects in greater detail or to highlight established and/or new technologies in the field. They may also touch on analytical, regulatory, intellectual property or commercial aspects of drug development. Past scientific workshops organized by the YSC include:
- Poor solubles
- Fundamentals of controlled release drug delivery: Physiochemical and biological aspects.
- Commercializing ideas from academia: past lessons and current challenges.
- Novel technologies in solubility enhancement.
- Evolution of controlled release
- Choosing the best animal model for your drug delivery studies.
- Trends in protein delivery.
- The rise, and rise, of precision medicine.
- Entrepreneurship and what you need to know
- Nanomedicine from bench to bedside
Professional development workshops provide a basic introduction and overview of key topics that can help advance your career. Past professional development workshops included:
- How to write great papers
- Writing a successful grant application.
- The science of publishing.
- True stories in career development.
- Communication and networking - How to develop and utilize these skills for career success
- Protecting your innovation - Key concepts in intellectual property.
- Finding your career edge.
- CV and interview techniques.