CRS Innovation Sunday, July 21, 2013
Generously co-sponsored by Catalent
• Deliver a presentation to launch your innovations!
• Attend to explore the hottest advancements!
• Come prepared to make connections at the CRS Soapbox Sessions!
What is a Soapbox Session?
The Soapbox Session is an opportunity for an individual or company “to get up on your soapbox” to present new ideas, products, and services. This session is a very well-attended session for telling and learning what’s new. Best of all, it is FREE!
Big Pharma, biotechs, product formulators and licensing officers, venture capitalists, technology transfer offices, universities – in essence, anyone and everyone who has an interest in exploring the hottest innovations and tools.
Entrepreneurial start-ups, industrial and academic, commercial and not yet commercial; young companies, university spin-offs, exhibitors – in essence, anyone with a great, new idea.
“The Soapbox Session was very well organized and provided an excellent opportunity for networking!” -- 2012 Soapbox Presenter
How does it work?
- Presentations are listed in the 2013 CRS Annual Meeting Program and publicized prior to the annual meeting.
- A session is made up of five to seven fast-paced presentations, five minutes or less in length
- Three to four sessions are planned
- Discussion breaks are scheduled between each session in order to:
- Allow speakers and audience members to meet informally after presentations
- Ask and answer questions
- Exchange greater detail about products and services
- Establish leads
- Exchange business cards
- Get recognized
- Develop partnerships
- Secure financial support
Demand for the Soapbox Sessions is high, therefore applications with the best likelihood of acceptance will best meet the selection criteria. Priority will be given to:
- NEW and innovative technologies and tools
- Subjects highly correlated with the focus of the meeting
- Early-stage and/or under-funded companies
- First-time participating companies
- Organizations with no other participation in the CRS program
- Earlier submission dates
Complete the following application. All Soapbox Session presenters are required to be registered as CRS annual meeting attendees. CRS Annual Meeting registration opens March 2013.