Abstract Submissions Are Now Closed
Preparing for Abstract Submission
This page identifies the information you will need to successfully submit an abstract.
- Review the information below before using the online submission form
- Login using your Member/Customer Username and Password
- Nonmembers with no login need to “Create a New Account”
- A confirmation email will be sent to the person designated to receive the submission confirmation. Check both regular and junk e-mail files for receipt of the confirmation notice.
A. Author Information
- Author designation (one author must be designated as the presenter)
- First Name
- Middle Initial
- Last Name
- Affiliation (list name of company/institution only – do not include departments, street addresses, city, state or province, postal code, or country)
- Is Author a Student or Postdoc?
- Send communications to this author (it is recommended that the presenting and corresponding author be the same)
- To add an author click “Enter/Add Presenter/Authors”
- When all authors are added to the form click “Author List Complete”
- Note: Authors not listed in the submission form will not be listed in the program book
B. Presentation Information
- Presentation Type: Abstract (The CRS Annual Meeting Program Committee will determine the placement (podium or poster) of the abstract (subject to acceptance)
- Presentation Title (limited to 40 words)
- Invitation Code (If you have not received an invitation code, please leave blank)
- Presentation Category (select one category)
C. Presentation Abstract
- View the Model Abstract before preparing your abstract
- Formatting Your Abstract
- Select “Letter” (8½ X11 inches [21.59 X 27.94 cm] in Page Setup
- Set margins (left and right, top and bottom) to .75 inch (1.91 cm)
- Accepted font is 10-12 point Arial, Times, Times New Roman, or Helvetica
- Title is in bold type and centered across the page
- Author names are centered and identified with number superscripts to correspond to author affiliations. Underline the designated presenting author’s name
- Author affiliations are centered and identified with number superscripts to correspond to the respective author name; include the designated presenting author’s email address
- Abstract body alignment is justified with the first line of each paragraph indented .25 inch (.63 cm)
- Abstract body format is two-column (3.25 inches [8.25 cm] per column) with 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) between columns
- Include one line of space between the title and the name(s) of the author(s), between author name(s) and affiliation(s), and between sections
- Abstract must be 2 pages (see Model Abstract ) and no more than 2 pages
- References must be numbered; there are no lines of space between references
- An Abstract Template* is available for preparing your abstract. Replace the sample text (title, author listing, author affiliations, designated presenting author’s email address, and abstract text) in the template with your abstract title, author listing, author affiliations, email address and text.
*Note when opening the Abstract Template Word document, please select save file to your computer in order to edit the document.
- Abstract Content
- Heading: The abstract heading spans both columns and must contain the abstract title, the names and affiliations of all authors, and email address of the designated presenting author. Note: You must repeat this information in the abstract submission form. Author names that are not included in the submission form will not appear in the program.
- Body Text: The abstract body is in two-column format and must include the following subjects: Abstract Summary, Introduction, Experimental Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, References; Acknowledgments are optional but recommended. Statistical analysis must be included in the abstract text.
- When you are certain the abstract is complete and accurate, convert the abstract to .pdf and save the file to a local drive. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Microsoft Word or text files are NOT accepted.
- To upload your abstract click “Browse” to select your file and then click “Upload File” to upload the abstract to the submission form
D. Presentation Award
- If submitting this abstract for annual meeting best paper award, select the appropriate award from the list.
- To be eligible for graduate/postdoctoral awards, the presenting author must be currently enrolled in a graduate student program or postdoc that has graduated no later than January 2011. The presenting author must be a current paid member of the Controlled Release Society.
E. Terms & Conditions
- If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at the 41st Annual Meeting & Exposition of the Controlled Release Society, July 13–16, 2014, in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A., and will register and pay the registration fee by May 1, 2014. I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to the Controlled Release Society. Abstracts will be published online on June 13, 2014. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
I understand that failure to accept the copyright transfer will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.