CRS offers educational workshops throughout the year to further your expertise and gain new knowledge.
How to Submit a Workshop Proposal
Review the Workshop Policy noted below and submit the workshop application form by November 30 to CRS.
Workshop Application Form
Workshop Compensation Policy
Solicitation of Workshops
For the pre-annual meeting educational workshops, the CRS Annual Meeting Program Committee (AMPC) and Board of Directors make a call for innovative and educational workshops. These workshops should cover specific issues, not sufficiently covered in other conferences and workshops, which require specific attention. They should be educational, based on a clear objective and focused to achieve tangible out-puts. The organizers should be or become a member of the CRS. The AMPC and the finance committee will review workshop applications, from the scientific and finance perspective, and make a recommendation to the Board, which will finally approve them.
Structure and Duration of Workshop
- The structure of the workshop, the duration and the number of speakers must be clearly defined in the application form taking into account that the final goal for the workshop is to be educational.
- The duration of the workshop can be either one day or half-day. The AMPC and/or the finance committee may request organizers to revise their proposed workshop length based on the overall annual meeting program and other workshops being held, and also based on the budget.
Financial Support and Sponsorship
- Financial support and allocation of travel compensation should follow the Workshop compensation policy at any time. Sponsors who have made a significant financial contribution can be offered one exclusive space in the workshop program.
Recognition of the Workshop
- Highlighting the workshop in the CRS Newsletter (workshop organizers to prepare the materials)
- Promotions in the CRS Newscap and CRS website
- Promotions in scientific events organized by the CRS and the CRS Local Chapters.
Dissemination and Commercialization
- Workshop sessions can be recorded and offered online for a fee based on a financial model prepared by the Finance Committee in conjunction with the Science Content Managers.
- Workshop organizers are expected to help promote the workshop through their networks.
- Workshop organizers should propose sponsors (with, at least, a declaration of intent).
- Approval of the workshop will be highly influenced by the capacity of commercialization.
Contact CRS Program Manager Linda Schmitt for more information.