Established in 1994, the Distinguished Service Award is presented to a CRS member who has exhibited exceptional commitment and service to the Society and is selected by the Board of Directors. The award is not automatically given each year, only in the years when there is an exceptional member who fits the criteria.
The recipient of the Distinguished Service Award will be a member who has provided sustained, effective, and outstanding service and leadership to CRS. More specific criteria which will be considered are sustained effective service and leadership:
- to development of high impact, sustainable initiatives which serve the membership and CRS.
- to the modernization of governance and structure of CRS to promote its vision and mission and ensure its long-term viability and vitality.
- to the globalization of CRS to enhance membership and reach throughout the world.
- to the Board, Board of Scientific Advisors, and Committees of CRS.
- to development and delivery of CRS publications and e-learning materials.
- to the understanding of delivery science and technology and the CRS in the wider community, including school children.
- to the understanding of delivery science and technology and the CRS among politicians, government departments, regulatory agencies, and granting agencies.
- to any other activity which promotes delivery science and technology and the CRS.
It is not expected that the recipient will have made contributions in all these areas. It could be that the contribution is in one area only. Importantly, the Board will take into account the effectiveness of the service, and be strongly influenced by how sustained the service and leadership have been.
- $5,000 award honorarium
- Recognized during the Award Ceremony at the CRS Annual Meeting
||Colin Pitt and Joerg Kreuter|
||Harlan Hall and Ronald Versic|