About Travel Grants
These travel grants aim to promote the connectivity between various active CRS Local Chapters by providing travel grants to promising young scientists around the world to attend the CRS Annual Meetings.
- CRS Local Chapters must provide to CRS headquarters their current Local Chapter roster by January.
- Active CRS Local Chapters (not including Student Chapters) will be provided with the amount of funds allocated for Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grants for the year, which they should use to select travel grant awardee(s). This amount will be communicated to the Local Chapter after the CRS Board approves the fiscal year budget. Each Local Chapter should aim to select their awardee(s) to demonstrate active participation in the program. Active participation in the program is a prerequisite for a Local Chapter’s continued financial eligibility. Each CRS Local Chapter has the liberty to decide the total number of awards to grant for a given year.
- Travel grants are preferably provided to current Students and Post-docs, or Young Researchers just starting their career (e.g., in the first 5 years of their full-time research career).
- Travel grant applicants should be an active member of the Local Chapter.
- Travel grant selection should be based on the quality of the applicant's science, as reflected in their research presentations/papers in Local Chapter meetings.
- The travel grant is to aid in travel costs for the upcoming CRS Annual Meeting, and cannot be applied to past CRS Annual Meeting travels.
How to Apply
- All travel grant applicants are required to submit an abstract to the CRS Annual Meeting (Deadline mid-January); the abstract must be accepted for either a poster or podium presentation at the CRS Annual Meeting. (notifications from CRS will be sent to presenting authors in March)
- Travel grant applicants are required to be registered for the CRS Annual Meeting by the Presenter Registration Deadline (mid-May).
- Travel grant applicants are to acknowledge CRS Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grants in their poster or podium presentation at the CRS Annual Meeting.
- The amount of the award(s) for each Local Chapter will be based upon the number of accepted applicants and funds available.
- Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grant recipients will be acknowledged during the Opening Session and Award Ceremony at the CRS Annual Meeting.
- Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grant recipients must be present at the meeting in order to receive the travel grant funds.
- Funds will be distributed to the Local Chapters at the CRS Annual Meeting. The Chapters will then distribute the funds to their awardees.
The above-indicated information is required for the transfer of funds to the CRS Local Chapter.