Oral delivery, the most common and well-accepted mode of drug administration, is of significant interest to the drug delivery community. Our field continues to revolutionize the methods used to formulate and manufacture small molecule drugs for oral delivery that maximize their bioavailability. Furthermore, a great deal of enthusiasm lies in extending the utility of oral delivery beyond small molecules to macromolecules such as proteins and nucleic acids. Members of the Controlled Release Society are at the heart of the field of oral delivery, driving innovation in dosage form development, controlled release and targeted systems, oral drug candidates, and our understanding of drug transport across the gastrointestinal epithelium. The Oral Delivery Focus Group is an essential part of the CRS experience for anyone interested in the oral delivery of small or macromolecular drugs. We welcome members of all career stages, including those from industry, regulatory agencies, universities, national laboratories, and funding agencies.
The members of the Focus Group are expected to be paid members of the Controlled Release Society, independent of their membership category.
As a member of the Oral Delivery Focus Group, you can expect exclusive access to:
- Two awards at the Annual Meeting: a Young Investigator Award, and a Trainee Award
- Opportunities to present your research during our dedicated programming session at the Annual Meeting
- An Annual Meeting social event where you will have the chance to interact with CRS luminaries (e.g. Kinam Park, Nicholas Peppas)
- A “Java with a Genius” mentoring session at the Annual Meeting for one lucky trainee or young investigator to meet with a CRS luminary
- Quarterly webinars featuring accomplished speakers from Industrial & Academic scientists across the globe
- An annual video competition for postdocs and graduate students to earn cash prizes and an opportunity to speak at the Annual Meeting
- Social media promotion of your research to the Oral Delivery community
- The chance to be featured as a Member or Trainee of the Month on our social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Leadership opportunities on the Focus Group Board of Directors
- Three-Minute Trainee Video Competition
Compete to win $500 USD & an opportunity to speak at the Annual Meeting in Valencia!
Videos due February 15, 2019 at 20:00 GMT (UTC +0); Winners announced March 1
For complete rules and submission guidelines, see contest flyer.
- Webinar: Hanne Nielson, University of Copenhagen
April 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm ET, 16:00 GMT (UTC +0)
Stay tuned for sign-up information!