Elevation to ‘fellow’ recognizes an exceptional individual in the field of controlled release who has made outstanding and sustained contributions to the field of delivery science and technology. In considering nominations for fellow status, the Body of the College of Fellows will consider the length, breadth, depth, and impact of the achievements. Fellow candidates working in academia, industry or governmental agencies, and representatives of all demographic groups are selected from every area of delivery science and technology. Fellows should have distinguished themselves as leaders in their field through impactful contributions in fundamental or applied research, technology, products, and/or education within the areas of interest of the CRS. Service and leadership within CRS will be considered but is not a requirement for election to the College of Fellows.
Individuals accepting the nomination to the CRS College of Fellows agree not only to accept the honor of recognition of excellence but also to make active contributions to the society through their involvement in CRS-sponsored activities.
Documentation of excellence includes contributions to one or more of the following:
- Significant advances in the technical and scientific aspects of fields related to delivery science and technology
- Significant advances in the regulatory areas of delivery science and technology
- Translation of delivery science and technology into commercial products and/or services which benefit society
A nomination must be submitted by a member of CRS. A CRS member may nominate one (1) or more persons for Fellow(s) in each annual call. In addition, there must be a supporting letter written by the nominator and one (1) additional member of the CRS.
Nomination Submission - NOMINATION FORM
The online form found on the CRS website must be completed. Be sure to select the College of Fellows when submitting your nomination. The nominations must be received by 11:59 PM ET on November 13, 2020 to be qualified. Nominations not selected carry over for two years, but the packet must be updated annually.
In addition to completing the online form, the following items should be uploaded as one (1) single PDF file at the time of submission.
- Name and contact details of the second nominating sponsor.
- A 100-word summary citation outlining the case for the distinction of Fellow.
- A one-page (1) document highlighting the specific distinguished and sustained contributions of the applicant to the fields of delivery science and technology within the past 10 years. In particular, the nomination should show evidence of the nominee’s leadership, discuss key publications/patents and/or industrial/regulatory/managerial contributions by the nominee (e.g. marketed products, creation of companies, leadership in the development of regulatory guidelines, methods, and technologies) and, if appropriate, describe the nominee’s service to the CRS (e.g. governance, organization of symposia and sessions, committee participation, editorships).
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 20 pages) that provides documentation of excellence as described in the two-page summary. The CV should include a list of awards (differentiating team versus singular recognition), refereed and non-refereed publications (indicating when the individual was the corresponding author and which publications were not from a refereed source), patents, invited presentations and grants. Of importance is the documentation of leadership in each of these cited activities.
- Two (2) letters of support – one from the nominator and one from another CRS member – no longer than one (1) page each. The letter writers should indicate how long and in what capacity they have known the candidate. The letters should address the criteria above, noting the length, breadth, depth, and impact of the contribution, and why the contributions would be rated as outstanding.
Nomination Deadline: November 13, 2020.
- College of Fellows Certificate presented at the Annual Meeting Award Ceremony
- Fellow has the privilege of the designation and usage of "CRS Fellow" and maintain that status as long as CRS membership is current.
- Recognition during the Annual Meeting