I would like to give you a warm welcome to the Women in Science Group of the CRS. The WIS Group was born out of the need to make visible and recognize the work performed by women in the area of Delivery Sciences and Technologies.
The board of the WIS is sizzled with women CRS past presidents and past Women in Science Award Winners and as a group, we are here to help women in their careers by providing continuous advice (please feel free to use the drop box for questions) and help where needed and to inspire women in their career. Our key event happens at the Annual Meeting where we hold a lecture with a WIS awardee followed by Q&A and speed mentorship. We hope to see you at the next event. - Chair Begona Carreno, Ph.D.
Women in Science Award
The Controlled Release Society grants this honor to a woman scientist who must be internationally recognized for outstanding contributions in science and technology.
- The nominee must be recognized internationally for outstanding contributions in the science and technology
- Current CRS membership should not be required to allow different subject matter experts to be nominated that can bring ideas from outside the CRS field but yet linked to science and activities relevant to the CRS
- Nominee to be supported by at least 2 CRS members
A nomination form will be required with the following items:
- Nomination process to be open to the wide CRS community with a link directly in the CRS website
- Nomination letter from the nominator outlining key accomplishments of the candidate
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae
- All nominations to be sent to email@example.com by November 15th, 2019
- Late submissions will not be accepted
- All nominees to be discussed at the WIS December call and a final recommendation made that day
- Submit a proposal(s) to CRS BoD no later than January 10th, 2020
- Presentation and Q&A at the WIS session at CRS annual event
- Recipient of the WIS Award will become WIS Honorary Member
Speed Mentoring Program