CRS Exceptional Leadership Award - By the Young Scientist Committee
The Young Scientist Leadership Award is established to recognize and honour CRS members who have made outstanding contributions to the Young Scientist Committee (YSC) and have shown dedication to the development and success of young scientists in the field, regardless of the career stage, ensuring that individuals at any point in their career journey, from early-career to senior leaders, are eligible for consideration. The recipient of the Young Scientist Leadership Award is expected to embody the values of inclusivity, diversity, and equity in their mentorship practices. The awardee should also demonstrate an innovative approach to delivery research that is expected to inspire the next generation of researchers.
All nominations for the primary CRS awards are submitted through the same form for consideration. Please note, that self-nominations are greatly encouraged. The following areas will be reviewed for eligibility by the Award Committee:
- Contributions to Drug Delivery Science (50%)
- Contributions to the Controlled Release Society (30%)
- Contributions to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (20%)
- A CV for the nominee is required - A current CV of the nominee should include relevant professional achievements and training record.
Please Upload two additional supporting nomination letters.* These letters can be written by mentees, YSC members, peers as relevant. However, letters do not need to be written by CRS members.
Nomination period: January 15, 2024 – March 15, 2024 11:59 pm ET.
A dedicated and diverse review committee will be assembled to evaluate the nominations for the Early Career Mentorship Excellence Award. The committee will include 3 members of the Young Scientist Committee (Chair, Vice Chair, Past Chair) and the Immediate Past President of the CRS, a member of the CRS College of Fellows, and a past winner/past member of the YSC.
- Awardee will receive a certificate recognizing the CRS member’s exemplary contributions
- Award Plaque and recognition during the Annual Meeting
- Awardee will present during the Awards Presentation Talks at the Annual Meeting - Time and date to be communicated at a later date
- Awardee will receive complimentary Annual Meeting registration
- Awardee will receive complimentary ticket to the closing banquet (when applicable) and professional development