Rising Women in Science Award
The Controlled Release Society grants this honor to a woman scientist with fewer than 10 years of post-PhD experience who is dedicated to excellence in science, leadership, and the promotion of women in their communities.
- The nominee must have fewer than 10 years of post-PhD work experience (excluding parental leave and other career breaks) by the nomination deadline
- The nominee will be evaluated on scientific excellence; leadership experience; teaching and mentoring experience; entrepreneurial, innovative, and managerial activities; service to institutions and scientific communities; and efforts to progress women in science
- Current CRS membership is not required
- Nominee must be supported by at least 2 CRS members
The nomination process must be open to the wide CRS community with a link directly in the CRS website. A nomination form will be required with the following items:
- Nomination letter from the nominator outlining key accomplishments of the candidate
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae
All nominations must be submitted via the nomination form by Monday, December 5, 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Presentation and Q&A at the WIS session at CRS annual event
- Recipient of the Rising WIS Award will become WIS Honorary Member