The use of nanosystems has opened multiple new doors in the field of drug delivery, and has become an extremely popular research focus area throughout the world. A number of exciting advancements in the field have already improved the therapeutic potential of old and new drugs. Still, the massive potential of nanomedicines is not yet within our grasp and efforts in the field are largely exploratory. The Nanomedicine and Nano-Scale Delivery Focus Group will serve investigators from universities and research institutes with scientific interests on the development of nanomedicines for drug delivery applications, industrial researchers from companies with R&D in nanosystems and experts from regulatory boards, all under the umbrella of CRS. Our vision is to foster an integrative and progressive discussion forum for all those engaged in the wide field of nanomedicine and biomedical nanotechnology.
The members of the Focus Group are expected to be paid members of the Controlled Release Society, independent of their membership category.
- "Discriminative dissolution of nanoparticle formulations" - Dr. Akif Emre Türeli, MyBiotech, Germany
- October 7, 2020, 6 pm - 7 pm CET (12 pm - 1 pm EST, 9 am - 10 am PST)
- Prof. Alexander Seifalian, Nanotechnology & Regenerative, Medicine Commercialisation Centre (Ltd), UK
- November 4, 2020, 6 pm - 7 pm CET (12 pm - 1 pm EST, 9 am - 10 am PST)
- "RNA therapeutics using lipid nanoparticles: from gene silencing to gene editing" - Prof. Dan Peer, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- November 18, 2020, 6 pm - 7 pm CET (12 pm - 1 pm EST, 9 am - 10 am PST)