The Controlled Release Society grants this honor to a member who has demonstrated an emerging or sustained commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in their professional activities. The Member of the Year Award recognizes the key role that achievements in ED&I initiatives play in the advancement of science and technology for the benefit of CRS and the greater scientific community.
- The award may be considered based upon the activities of a group of individuals, provided that a single, active CRS member is specified as the nominee.
- Nominee(s) must demonstrate a clear track record of success and lasting impact of his/her/their ED&I activities within one or more of his/her/their professional networks.
- The nominee must uphold and promote the principles outlined in the CRS Statement on Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion.
- Specific evidence of exemplary leadership in ED&I initiatives must be provided in the nomination form.
Nomination Process - Closed
The following items are to be submitted via the online form found on the CRS website. The nominations must be received by 11:59 PM ET June 30, 2021 to be qualified. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Completed Nomination Form
- Nomination letter from the nominator outlining key accomplishments of the candidate. Note: self-nominations are allowed for this award.
- Two additional supporting recommendation letters are required and are the responsibility of the sponsor.
- A current CV of the candidate that includes relevant professional achievements.
The ED&I Award Sub-Committee will select the awardee from the pool of nominees.
- Award Plaque and recognition during the Annual Meeting
- $3,000 USD Honorarium
- Awardee will present during the "ED&I Town Hall" at the Annual Meeting
- Awardee will receive complimentary Annual Meeting registration
- Awardee will receive complimentary ticket to the closing banquet (when applicable)